The Head of Culinary will be an expert culinary resource with a focus on the business of food content at BuzzFeed in partnership with Tasty, Goodful, and BuzzFeed video teams. You will provide creative expertise, insight and direction on all food-related content projects across Buzzfeed. You will partner with the Editorial and Branded teams to create short-form and long-form digital content for Tasty and other media brands with the end goal of increasing efficiency and revenue while decreasing overall operating costs.
- Integrate culinary insights and trends in the market into BuzzFeed projects ensuring that we are at the forefront of culinary trends
- Understand trends within food media and a POV on how those trends can be adapted for our brands
- Think critically about the health of each food brand within BuzzFeed and identify areas of growth and opportunity from both a strategic and structural perspective
- Build brand definition between food brands within BuzzFeed, offering and supporting new ways to monetize our digital distributed content
- Provide food ideation, preparation, and professional development as it makes sense for each of our internal workflows (editorial, branded, and commerce)
- Partner directly with the licensing to ensure that products are aligned with the brand and support testing/development as needed
- Partner with the activations team to ensure that our editorial culinary POV is mirrored where it makes sense
- Evaluate budgets and determine allocation and spend with internal partners
- Analyze budgets vs. actuals and determine areas of opportunity for conservation and investment
- Oversee the daily operation of the culinary team, including Culinary Producers and the Test Kitchen Manager
- 5+ years of Food Service with management experience
- 3+ years of digital food media experience
- Formal culinary training preferred, but not mandatory
- Interpersonal written and communication skills
- Organization and multitasking skills
- Some knowledge of Tasty video content and understanding of our overall point of view on food
- Comfortable working with many members of the leadership team, producers, fellows, residents, program managers, food specialist and interns
- Maintain stability under pressure and willing to modify plans
- A flexible schedule which occasionally will include work on evenings and weekends
- Unwavering commitment to working safely
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork and inclusion. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.