BuzzFeed is hiring an IT Specialist. We’re looking for a well-rounded support technician to setup and deploy hardware and software as well as provide stellar end-user support. The position will work together with the existing IT team. You will need to have strong computer (hardware, software, networking) and interpersonal skills.
We’re looking for an upbeat and engaged person to join our current IT team. At its core, IT is a support department which exists to ensure employees can actually do their jobs--we like to think of ourselves as technology therapists. This position will assist the rest of the team in providing support to employees and work on projects to make employees lives easier from a technology standpoint.
You should have experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software, email and network issues. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important--you’ve got to love the people you help and love what you do. Individual must be a go-getter.
This position reports to the IT Support Manager.
- Provide internal helpdesk support for BuzzFeed employees
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software--detail is essential
- Assist with evolving internal IT wiki page--documentation is king!
- Provision computers (mainly Mac OS X machines) for employees
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Troubleshoot and support current A/V setup for video conferencing (includes Cisco Codecs, and Blue Jeans)
- Partner with the other members of the IT team to provide support and enforce IT policies
- Must be customer-focused and personable
- Will be asked to tackle issues independently but also work with the rest of the IT team as a whole
- Proficient in both following and creating documentation for the rest of team
- Proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems
- Candidate should have previous experience assisting employees in a video production environment
- Able to troubleshoot Mac OS X and software issues
- Able to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Ability to troubleshoot Google Apps Enterprise issues
- Experience setting up video conferencing systems (Blue Jeans, Cisco, etc.)
- General knowledge of networking concepts is a must
- At least 2 years experience as an IT Specialist or related position in an office environment
- Familiarity with JAMF Pro
- Familiarity with networking hardware from Meraki
- Familiarity with Okta SSO
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats, and more!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer - Craft