BuzzFeed is looking for a full stack developer to build delightful, high-growth consumer products. This role is perfect for someone with a passion for digital media — from viral quizzes and videos to Pulitzer-prize winning investigative series — who wants to build, launch and iterate on new products that drive commerce revenue.
As a software engineer on the Commerce team, you’ll make a visible and tangible impact on building an emerging revenue stream for BuzzFeed. You’ll work closely with product, design and data-science to deliver a wide range of digital products aiming to grow the shopping experience on our site and apps.
You’ll play an integral role in growing an important new revenue stream for BuzzFeed. Last year, BuzzFeed’s commerce business drove more than $250 million in transactions from affiliate sales and licensing revenue; and we target significant growth this year. Our editorial teams tell our audience about the best deals, and inspire gift ideas. Our tech team builds experiences to support big holidays like Black Friday and collaborates with our advertising team to make new ad products that cater to our shopping audience. The Commerce tech team partners with our business and editorial teams to help people find products they’ll love and buy. All of this work is driven by data and leverages all aspects of the BuzzFeed tech stack.
- Play a defining role in building software solutions to better support a growing affiliate marketing business
- Collaborate with product, design, data science, and other partners to develop solutions to optimize the user experience for a wide range of commerce products
- Think critically through how to optimize workflows and create turn-key solutions for both the engineering as well as internal user sides
- Reach across the entire tech stack at BuzzFeed at different points and get a deep understanding of large-scale media companies architecture and operations
- Architect features requiring integration with new or existing back-end services
- Write high-quality code and tests to create reliable services
- Design and develop data driven products and services
- You are a compassionate engineer who has experience leading technical projects and working with engineers at all levels
- You excel at leading and delivering on complex projects working with technical and non technical stakeholders
- You adapt quickly to change and love to ship and iterate
- You’re not afraid to step into an unfamiliar codebase and start writing/suggesting changes
Our Tech Stack:
- Languages: Python, JS, Go
- Frameworks: React, Redux, Node.js
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, API Gateway + Lambda, ECS, Shopify
- Source Control: Git
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Messaging: SQS
- Continuous Integration: CircleCI
- Monitoring / Instrumentation: CloudWatch, NewRelic
Life at BuzzFeed:
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Test Platform Engineer