We’re looking for a Product Specialist, Partnerships to join our team in New York. As a Product Specialist, Partnerships at BuzzFeed you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, managing end-to-end development partnerships for BuzzFeed and our clients.
The Product Specialist, Partnerships acts as the voice of Tech, and is the main point of contact between the Tech team and our account (advertising + commerce) teams when a client deal requires a tech execution.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Acting as a liaison between Tech and other departments within the company for client partnerships that require custom tech executions.
- Leveraging the expertise and knowledge of internal teams, or external vendors if needed, to deliver a successful result on time and on budget.
- Triaging inbound requests from commerce and sales teams.
- Representing the voice of Tech for internal teams as they develop pitches / new business opportunities - evolving creative concepts into a clear set of deliverables.
- Supporting account team in scoping work, sizing effort and assigning a cost.
- Identifying resources needed to execute on signed work by engaging an internal team and/or external vendors.
- Developing and managing project plans and timelines
- Project managing teams and/or vendors to execute on client work (task prioritization, backlog management, etc.)
- Providing frequent updates to all internal and client-side stakeholders on the progress of development efforts.
- Establishing client meeting schedules, managing agendas, and managing meetings (internal + external) to keep teams on task and focused and follows each meeting with clear notes and next steps.
Who you are:
- You are solution-oriented, with the ability to process and offer solutions quickly.
- You have a high “say/do” ratio. Things you say you will do, get done.
- You are comfortable collaborating with people across multiple disciplines like engineering, product and design, as well as with other departments across the company like sales, product strategy and commerce.
- You are comfortable working with clients and vendors.
- You are good at assessing opportunity and risk and being able to articulate each clearly.
- You are comfortable soliciting and providing direct and impactful feedback.
More about our team
On the BuzzFeed Product Specialist team, we care deeply about building a diverse team, and then supporting every team member in their career and skill growth. We make change from fresh perspectives and appreciate new viewpoints. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a respectful workplace that values everyone on our team bringing their whole selves to work.
BuzzFeed does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, we're more than happy to accommodate and make the interview process better for you.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, and birthday treats
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.