BuzzFeed is looking for a curious, detail-oriented Freelance Video Research Associate to work full time doing in-depth research on a variety of subjects to help our Video Producers make awesome video content.
The ideal candidate will be able to research and organize information on any topic. The candidate is comfortable in an autonomous environment and will see an assignment through from start to finish, no matter how large or small the task. From the library to the depths of the internet, they are willing and able to find the facts we need.
Do quick, in-depth research on a variety of subjects
- Help condense sometimes difficult concepts into useable information for Video Producers
Conduct necessary fact-checking on videos
- Perform necessary copyediting on videos
- Act as an informational resource for Video Producers
- 1–3 years experience researching for media and doing outreach
- An insatiable passion and curiosity for research and the world in general
Strong attention to detail, regarding both research and grammar
- Ability to learn quickly; comfortable adapting to sudden changes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in small teams or independently
Ability to prioritize and juggle a multitude of tasks
- A strong writing and editorial voice to help shape concepts
- A passion for creative storytelling and digital media
- Experience and comfort searching with Google and using Google Docs
- Experience using Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, Vimeo, and Reddit
- No haters!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
This job is full-time through the end of 2019 and based in Los Angeles.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.