Political Booker (project-based)
BuzzFeed, New York or Washington, DC
The social news and entertainment company.
Buzzfeed News is looking for an energetic and creative (part-time) booker to staff through the 2020 elections. BuzzFeed news is a 24-hour newsroom operation that produces both digital and video content. You have a background in politics, news, public relations and production.
You have political connections and a strong understanding of the 2020 election, the national political landscape and solid news stories. You will play an essential part in the editorial process, which includes booking candidates, campaign officials, and their surrogates for news stories across the BuzzFeedNews platforms, focusing on the weekday morning show AM to DM, and semi-regular BuzzFeed Live events, forums, and discussions. We want BuzzFeed News to be a destination for all candidates and political figures. Not only do we want those who are making headlines, we want to make headlines.
You will be a part of a fast-paced newsroom with tight deadlines. You must be highly organized and efficient. You should have excellent writing skills, strong editorial judgment, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with candidates and their teams. It’s essential that you possess strong interpersonal skills and are able to work in a team setting, as well as independently.
- Come up with creative and innovative ways to book candidates across various platforms
- Build and maintain relationships with the candidates and their teams
- Work with BuzzFeed editors to come up with story suggestions and angles
- Strong political connections
- 3+ years experience in news or public relations
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Tenacious yet strategic about the booking process
- Strong editorial judgment and an understanding of a newsroom environment
- Want to work for a company that believes in smart experimentation, agility, mutual respect and having fun.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
BGB Group, BGB Group