BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Lead Video Editor to join our Los Angeles Post-Production team.
- Oversee and manage project-based and full-time video editors across BuzzFeed
- Collaborate with Post Production team to Organize SOPs, training, and comms across departments
- Partner with Creatives and Post-Production team managing edits on a variety of BuzzFeed video content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted BuzzFeed content at an expert level
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with shoots and scope of creative
- 5+ years editing experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- Experience with leadership and communication within a team environment
- Expert knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, After Effects and 3rd party software
- Advanced knowledge of post workflows, codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends.
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Passion and knowledge for editing theory
- Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX
- Balance, grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude for a variety of different projects and strong time management skills
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
Send us your Reel!
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited or current reel.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.