BuzzFeed is looking for a Senior Production Manager, Tasty to oversee the direction and production across Tasty. You will manage production costs and resources necessary to bring about a studio product within the allotted timeline, budget, and quality consistent with the brand strategy.
- Establish production workflows and processes across Branded and Editorial Tasty workstreams (long form and short form)
- Collaborate closely with our teams such as Studio Operations Team, Post Production, Project Managers, Coordinators and Operations team, to provide guidance and perspective
- Hire, manage and train production freelance staff as needed
- Work in collaboration with the Test Kitchen Manager and Lead Culinary Producers to staff productions within budget.
- Explain BuzzFeed process and policies to freelance hires and set the standard for employees working across our brands' studio
- Manage overall budget for productions, including creating and revising budgets
- Consult with partners (Finance, Legal, Facilities, Studio Operations, etc.) to ensure strategic studio plans are within policy, budget, legality and are operationally practical
- Identify any creative elements that could increase budget - collaborate with Studio Head and Leadership to remedy concerns
- Be an expert while working with Creative leads to identify creative elements to be included in budget and production
- Oversight of production schedule and set logistics including securing set/shooting locations, securing rentals (camera, equipment, etc.), and serving as a point of contact for vendors
- Communicate studio projects to direct reports and crew when appropriate
- Coordinate with Facilities and Studio Operations to confirm that sets and equipment are being properly maintained.
- Log all costs and proactively communicate concerns/issues to creative leads.
- Manage production coordinator(s) and ensure all day-to-day production needs are being handled, including booking freelance crew and overseeing all release documents
- Partner with creative leads to develop new models of production as needed.
- Partner with Finance and Executive Director to analyze quarterly performance and make suggestions to compensate for actuals.
- 5+ years of experience, with a positive leadership style to oversee employees and freelancers with professionalism
- Strong propensity for organization, deadline adherence, budget/P&L management and multi-linear thinking
- Experience with Movie Magic budgeting, Hot Budget, Movie Magic scheduling, Google Docs, Word, AirTable and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- High level of emotional intelligence and experience communicating effectively in writing and in person
- Deep vendor and specialty relationships
- Ability to act with impact and influence across all levels of the organization
- The flexibility to manage both light lift editorial projects and heavy lift branded projects
- Experience working with sales and business teams to produce branded / partnership content
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and diverse benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. We aim to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.