BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, sales person with a passion for digital journalism and news to introduce and sell advertising products specifically tied to BuzzFeed News. If you have a track record of success, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for news, this is the role for you! Selling directly to brands and agencies, you will work closely with the News and account service teams to build client relationships and ensure that programs are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction.
- Introduce our advertising products related to BuzzFeed News content to brands and agencies through meetings, speaking opportunities, and written materials
- Sell products that span television (digital/OTT television), social and display advertising, e.g.:
- Tentpole packages such as Olympics & Election
- Support programmatic and direct sold BuzzFeed News packaging efforts
- Create socially driven monetization opportunities
- Reach and exceed individual sales goals while contributing to overall team goals
- Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with advertising agencies and clients
- Develop relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Managers to Agency Buyers
- Provide feedback to our product and business teams about the needs and successes in the market
- Analyze data and use it relentlessly to effectively grow the business
- 3-4 years previous digital sales experience at a leading publisher, network, or platform; experience selling linear a plus
- 2+ years experience selling advertising against news content to endemic news clients required
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business and growing and retaining existing business
- Strong writing skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all leadership levels of an agency or client
- A strong understanding of social ad products, particularly Twitter Amplify, and display advertising, particularly programmatic sales
- Skilled in crafting slide decks and written pitch materials a plus
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing various data sources and incorporating into a cohesive story
- Passionate about social advertising, new media, and impactful journalism
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Ability to work in a fast moving company and industry
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.