We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our team in New York. As a Product Designer at BuzzFeed you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects — from internal tooling to launching experiences for our consumer facing products, like the BuzzFeed site or the Tasty app.
The Product Design team at BuzzFeed is made up of multidisciplinary designers, who are individually responsible for all aspects of design: user research, UX design, visual design, prototyping and, on the web, front-end implementation. Additionally, our designers are key collaborators when it comes to cross-disciplinary activities such as product discovery and A/B experiment definition, design and analysis. You can read more about our recruiting practices and our role documentation on Github. You can also read about our latest diversity numbers.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Executing all aspects of design in a cross-functional team, including: user research, UX design, visual design, and prototyping
- Fostering a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process
- Contributing to strategic decisions about your team’s roadmap in collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Data Science leads
- Soliciting direct and impactful feedback from your manager, stakeholders, other designers, and cross-discipline team; providing direct and impactful feedback to other designers on the team
- Partnering with User Research and Data Science to define what qualitative and quantitative data will be important at the onset of a project and make changes based on data analysis
Who you are:
- You have experience designing products and features for web and apps
- You have experience balancing a thoughtful design process with tight deadlines
- You have experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines
- You enjoy working across all aspects of design, leading a project from conception through completion
- In addition to UX skills, you have strong visual skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
More about our team
On the BuzzFeed Product Design team, we care deeply about building a diverse team, and then supporting every team member in their career and skill growth. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a respectful workplace that values everyone on our team bringing their whole selves to work.
BuzzFeed does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, we're more than happy to accommodate and make the interview process better for you.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.