BuzzFeed is looking for an analyst to join the data team and lead a set of important initiatives that will ensure the robustness and availability of data in our warehouse, shape our understanding of how readers use our products, and drive our longer term product strategy. We’re seeking passionate professionals who have a proven track record using data in a meaningful way, informing decision making, and driving the continued growth and success of a product. You balance technical expertise, domain knowledge and a capacity to be deeply inquisitive.
BuzzFeed’s data team is diverse. The team uses data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, and identify opportunities for innovation across the company. We are true hybrids - analysts, statisticians, and domain experts- who specialize in translating questions into methodical approaches, experiments, and products. We think deeply about the limitations of data, and communicate our output coherently.
- Make strategic and systematic recommendations and investments in improving overall data quality and governance.
- Collaborate closely with data analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and data PMs to implement the BuzzFeed data model, and advance our cross-departmental data governance initiative.
- Facilitate data integration, data quality, and integrity.
- Create and maintain critical documentation and metadata that allows data to be understood and leveraged across teams.
- Articulate and implement the strategy and repeatable processes for maintaining the BuzzFeed data model.
- Advise and shape product direction with data by delivering exploratory data analyses, designing and analyzing experiments, and defining and monitoring key metrics.
- Develop KPIs in a cross-platform world, balancing measures of engagement and revenue.
- Support development of data tooling, such as forecasts, anomaly detection, and our home-grown A/B testing platform.
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear way to partners across the company.
- Develop domain expertise in a specific product area.
- Good grasp of statistical concepts (e.g. hypothesis testing, regression)
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with social data or media is a plus.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Experience with Looker is a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.