BuzzFeed is looking for a Health & Wellness Editor who has experience writing commerce and other lifestyle content for a full-time position in our New York office. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented and entertaining content for a large and diverse audience (see our “Shopping” and “Reviews” pages for examples).
You are an experienced and conversational writer and editor with skill in creating and editing consumer- and shopping-related content in the health and wellness space, including food, fitness, beauty and other areas. They will help our audience discover great products and tips through fun and informative formats, from thoughtful and in-depth product reviews to themed roundups and interviews with experts. If you're the type of person who's always discovering bizarre gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting new workouts and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you! Bonus for anyone with experience managing a small team of staff or freelancers or anyone with experience writing branded posts.
- Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Write and edit shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics.
- Manage a freelance network and/or small team.
- 3+ years of experience editing and writing for a magazine or website, or exemplary blogging/writing experience about consumer products
- Experience in sourcing and interviewing experts
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
- A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Previous affiliate experience a big plus
FYI — just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
- Discuss your shopping habits (for example: what do you always buy in-store vs. online, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people don’t know about, etc.).
- Tell us about a couple of things that you’re obsessed with.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and diverse benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Director, Production Management & Operations, Lifestyle Networks
NBCUniversal, Universal City, CA
Senior Medical Editor
BGB Group, New York, NY