Manager, Global Payroll & Mobility
About the role:
Buzzfeed is looking to add an experienced Global Payroll and Mobility Manager to join our People team. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of People Operations, you will manage domestic and international payroll systems and processes, relocations, work visas and immigration, and relationships with internal clients. You will also manage an analyst and assist with special projects as they arise. You will be a part of an instrumental small team that works on a global scale.
- Review and approve multi-state US payroll for 900 employees both exempt and non-exempt and 200 employees across the globe. Ensure any changes are documented and processed promptly
- Ensure continuous compliance with laws and internal policies
- Ensure data integrity when processing global payrolls
- Coordinate efforts between US and International HR teams to ensure workflow and maintenance of employee data between payroll and HR
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll information to key partners
- Handle any incoming communications regarding filings, reports, surveys, audits, etc.
- Review and approve all general ledger entries. Partner with Finance to investigate differences
- Identify new and creative ways to bring cost efficiencies within the payroll function
- Partner with Head of People Operations and the People Team members to provide a high level of service and rapid response time to our employees and business and our ability to provide great employee experiences
- Use global mobility expertise to provide hands-on administration and management of international assignments, localizations, and permanent transfers, while working with managers, the HR team, and external partners and vendors
- Organize and manage global mobility processes, resolving issues, auditing internal processes and analyzing data
- Coordinate with immigration and tax consultants, employees, managers, and HR Business Partners regarding visa applications and renewals
- Be the expert in, and provide guidance on, country-specific policies and statutory requirements.
- 3+ years of payroll experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ people management experience
- 3+ years experience in HR operations management, with hands-on experience facilitating relocation assignments, Global Immigration experience or a combination
- HRIS/HCM skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system including experience with Workday
- Familiarity with global payroll in the UK, Canada, Australia, Mexico and Brazil a plus
- Excellent skills using MS Office, Google products (Google Mail, Google Sheets) and shared drives
- Experience managing multiple projects and achieving high-quality work on tight timelines
- Worked across departments and at all levels of the organization to collaborate and help influence action
- Experience working with confidential information in a discreet way
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.