We’re looking for a detail-oriented Associate Community Editor to moderate, edit, and manage content created by the BuzzFeed.com community. This role is primarily an editing role but with opportunities to write.
- Review, edit, and promote user-generated list and quiz content
- Monitor and use traffic data to moderate incoming user content
- Promote posts tied to traffic and deploy proven content framing methods
- Make decisions on what to delete/ban
- Identify and escalate more controversial posts
- Moderate user comments
- Communicate clearly and positively with BuzzFeed’s Community users
- A love for working with users and fostering creativity in communities
- Excellent grammar and a high level of attention to detail
- A sense of what resonates with BuzzFeed.com’s audience
- The ability to coordinate and strategize effectively with other Community Editors
- Experience working with online communities preferred
- Interest in and knowledge of social media and digital publishing
- 1+ years experience in community moderation or editing
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Intégrateur technologique - Profil audiovisuel (Technology Integrator - Audiovisual Profile)
Moment Factory, Montréal