Strategic Insights & Analytics, Sr. Manager
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is hiring a Senior Research Manager of Strategic Insights & Analytics who will lead a team of Analysts to provide key marketing metrics and KPIs, as well as generate campaign and vertical insights for top brands.
This role requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with a proficiency at problem-solving and a strong command of social and digital media, specifically video. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses, the ability to interface effectively with strategic partners, and the skills to convert data into actionable insights and recommendations for our clients.
- Manage the day-to-day Research responsibilities executed by the team, which include managing vendor relationships, support and manage client based projects, and mentor the team.
- Heavily involved in interfacing with strategic clients, identifying campaign/brand goals, executing impactful research projects, make actionable recommendations and presenting results
- Develop expertise across all client verticals and create processes for disseminating insights, data and knowledge to all key stakeholders
- Continue to develop and adapt processes/feedback loops with multiple key internal stakeholders
- Scope and execute large scale analyses & thought leadership pieces; innovatively tying insights together across categories & platforms
- Recommend, scope, and execute quantitative survey research via DIY methodologies when syndicated or internal data isn’t available to address stakeholder needs
- Ability to remain flexible and nimble by demonstrating a forward thinking mentality and willingness to utilize new data sources to tell the BuzzFeed story
- 8-10 years of experience in digital media/publisher research & data analysis
- Strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools and methods
- Expertise in online research, audience measurement and market research is a must. Prior experience working with Google Analytics, comScore, Nielsen, eMarketer and GWI
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights
- Detail oriented with excellent oral, written and client presentation skills; the ability to interface effectively with high-level executives is a must
- Proven ability to design, manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing, conducting, and recommending a broad range of primary research projects and methodologies via agile/DIY techniques
- Basic knowledge of native advertising and current trends in the digital marketplace
- Advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Intermediate PowerPoint or Keynote skills
- B.S. in marketing research, statistics, marketing, communications, or psychology, or equivalent experience
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.