Buzzfeed Video is searching for an exceptional Equipment Manager to bring their leadership, production strategy, and organizational skills to our Video Team. We run our own internal studio where we write, direct, and produce all of Buzzfeed’s video content. We are looking for smart, skilled, passionate self-starter to join our growing team.
The perfect candidate will be a thoughtful leader who inspires and engages the equipment team, has a critical and strategic eye on procedural efficiencies, and is a relationship-builder who wants to work with our Video Producers on producing the best creative video content.
This temp-to-perm position is based in our Los Angeles office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to social happy hours.
- Lead a team of 2+ Equipment Specialists and production interns
- Research camera/lighting techniques
- Research and test new equipment and technology
- Perform repairs on cameras, lighting/grip equipment
- Assess equipment usage and whether specific gear should be purchased
- Act as the point of contact for equipment rental software vendors
- Run daily equipment check-out/check-in system with Producers
- Help Head of Physical Production with drawing up quotes for new purchases
- Ensure that equipment inventory is up to date in online database
- Place orders for expendables
- Assist producers with physical production and provide shoot support
- Develop and provide studio and equipment training and classes for new hires, fellows, and producers
- Perform safety spot checks
- 2+ years managing a team
- Budgeting experience; working with global budgets preferred
- Ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced production environment
- 2+ years experience in an equipment rental house preferred
- Ability to adapt to changes in production plan and schedules
- Strong familiarity with camera, lenses, and other production gear
- A passion for technology and organization
- Ability to work independently with a team
- Can communicate with all audiences (creative and technical) on equipment
- Experience on set
- An overall team player
- No haters!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some classes we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Operations Associate, Early Stage Markets
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Community Associate - LA Area (Contract)
Lyft, Los Angeles, CA
Grants Evaluation Associate (Contract)
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Freelance Designer (Experiential)
Refinery29, New York
Business Analyst Intern
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Retail Store Designer
Warby Parker, New York, NY