Our summer internship program is for the next generation of software engineers eager to gain experience building real world software and products. You’ll help us build new products, new features for existing products, web apps, dashboards and internal tools for all BuzzFeeders. You will work closely with other teams within Tech including Product, Design, and Data Science to deliver products and content that help connect people all over the world!
Meet previous years’ interns and read about their experiences here!
- You have a real love of technology and the web.
- You want to build cool things.
- You’re proactive with solving problems.
- You’ve already mastered a couple of languages and can show us some problems you’ve solved in those spaces.
During your internship you will be exposed to BuzzFeed’s Tech Stack
Note that we’re not expecting you to know all about all of the technologies below before you start your internship. Instead we just want to give you a taste of what you could be learning in your time here.
- Python, Go, Node.js
- AWS, GCP
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Source Control (Git, Github)
- Databases (MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, BigQuery, ElasticSearch)
- Infrastructure Tools (Docker, ECS, Terraform)
- Messaging systems (NSQ)
- Monitoring / Instrumentation (Nagios, DataDog, Sentry)
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Ad Server - DFP for Publishers
Life at BuzzFeed:
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions including team outings such as escape rooms, karaoke, Bob Ross painting session and so on.
- You’ll be paid fairly, inline with tech industry standards
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats.
- You’ll get a chance to travel to the NYC office to attend the intern week!
- You must be legally eligible to work in the UK.
- You must be onsite for 10 weeks, June - August 2020.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.