BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to join our team in Los Angeles. You will work on Facebook strategy for the Editorial Social Team, but have a hand in all social platforms.
This job is based in our Los Angeles office, working Monday - Friday.
- Oversee Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram publishing.
- Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and video creators to achieve goals and meet deadlines, analyzing and reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities.
- Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms.
- Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- Produce ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, the App, Apple News and more.
- An understanding of social video and playlists.
- Experience in Facebook Analytics and third party tools for tracking and reporting.
- This is job requires 1+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- Social media experience and data analysis skills
- An understanding of virality and the media landscape
- Be a self-motivated person who isn’t afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A great benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.