Senior Social Media Strategist, Commerce
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Senior Social Media Strategist to work on Facebook strategy for the Commerce Editorial Social Team, but have a hand in all social platforms. You'll expand our strategy to cover other platforms even more, especially Instagram, search & Apple News. Experience in PhotoShop is a plus.
This is job is based in our New York City office, working Monday - Friday.
- Oversee Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram publishing and push notifications like Apple News and the BuzzFeed App
- Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and Shopping team and analyze and reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities
- Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms
- Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- Create ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, the BuzzFeed App, Apple News and more
- 3+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Ability to leverage data to understand online customers' buying behaviors
- A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
- A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation and inclusion. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.