BuzzFeed Video is looking for a Social Video Producer to join our Video team. The Social Video Producer will work with one of the social video teams in our video org to produce and edit short-form content across platforms. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Edit 3-5 videos a week consisting of found UGC and compiled moments from TV and Film
- Implement feedback from the team lead in a timely manner
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Work with the team lead in executing existing output goals
- Collaborate with Social Strategists on ideation
- Notes and feedback on videos created by other team members
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Baseline knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Must be comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Experienced in a deadline-driven environment and internet video
- Interest in food, DIY, travel, and wellness a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.