Illustrator/Graphic Designer (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a freelance illustrator / graphic designer to join our growing Media Labs team. You will be responsible for creating artwork, illustrations, and promotional images for The Good Advice Cupcake. Animation experience is a plus! The role begins as soon as possible, contract length negotiable. Interested candidates will be asked to submit an art test. We look forward to meeting you!
- Design and illustrate content for social media
- Adapt drawing style to follow established style guides
- Create artwork and decks for editorial and promotional work
- Repurpose existing artwork for various usage
- Creatively support the department at large
- Coordinate with creative leads to receive and provide artistic feedback
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions to generate new ideas
- Enjoy working in a small team environment
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Google slides, docs, sheets)
- A creative and problem-solving mindset
- A great sense of humor and a passion for social media
- Excellent drawing skills
- Are organized and detail-oriented
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to make changes in a timely manner
- Adobe Animate CC (Flash), and animation experience a plus!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.