Project Coordinator (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Project Coordinator to support our growing Media Labs Team, with a particular focus on interactive video. This role reports directly to the Media Labs Project Manager and supports them in the day-to-day project management activities. This is a great opportunity to join a fun-loving team doing groundbreaking work in the video and online space.
- Be the Project Manager's "right hand"
- Be an integral part of the team by assisting in organizing comms across departments and with production vendors
- Make an impact by identifying problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Create, manage, and maintain spreadsheets and documentation
- Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Help manage the transfer of assets between production vendor and internal teams
- Help to create meeting agendas and schedule meetings
- Enjoy being on a great team!
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field
- At least 1+ years of experience working in the digital space
- A team player mindset - proactive, positive, and problem solving
- Knowledgeable of current social media and digital video platforms
- No problem adapting to a high level of changing timelines and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills and a love of detail and organization
- Proficiency in Google Apps, particularly Docs and Sheets
- Past experience with any interactive video a huge plus
- Have intimate knowledge of the entire production process, helping the PM to ensure assets are delivered on time and to spec
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.