BuzzFeed is looking for a talented and creative full-time photo coordinator. This position involves collaborating with photographers, art directors, and designers to bring stories to life on our site as well as producing original work for emerging social media platforms. We are obsessed with creating innovative work and are looking for the perfect team member to join us in pushing our photography content to the next level.
The ideal candidate has a high level of professionalism and creativity they can use to develop dynamic studio and lifestyle photography for our team in Los Angeles. The ability to work within small teams is a must, as well as an understanding of the balance needed between artistry, team collaboration and physical photo production.
This position is based in our LA office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Assist photographer and art director in high-quality digital photography for a variety of original photoshoots ranging from food and lifestyle to portraits and products.
- Preparation of the set or location to make sure all equipment and stages are available, clean and working
- Assist Art Director in pre-production steps of photoshoot including securing locations, sending call sheets, booking equipment, and others.
- Handling Capture sessions and process digital images
- Organize digital image files
- Knowledge of post-processing on programs such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Capture One and handles some retouching and post-processing for projects
- Ability and interest in executing many different photography styles from studio portrait work to lifestyle and food content.
- Knowledge in Canon systems as well as studio lighting and is on the pulse of photographic and equipment trends.
- 1-2 years experience in photography production
- Photography portfolio that demonstrates knowledge of digital photography
- Understanding of all stages of the photography process, from shooting to editing.
- Detail-oriented and passion for photography
- Proficiency in camera equipment functionality as well as studio lighting techniques and traditional grip practice.
- Must be able to lift and move camera equipment
- Knowledge of industry-standard processing and imaging software tools, including color correction and retouching photos.
- Team player who loves to collaborate with many different creatives
- A positive, curious, playful disposition.
- Knowledge of pre-production process plus.
- Knowledge of arranging still life objects, products, props, and backgrounds a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Certified Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience/Scribes
Heal, Atlanta, GA