BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced, creative and resourceful Development Lead to work in feature film. Reporting to our SVP, Global Content, you'll acquire and develop IP, as well as provide script coverage and screenwriting. You're well connected in the independent film space, an expert in the BuzzFeed tone of voice and global audience interests, and be up to speed on pop culture and the latest trends in social media. We’re looking for someone with significant experience in film development, with an eagerness to disrupt traditions and help pioneer a new way of filmmaking.
This is a full-time position based in our Los Angeles office.
- Lead development of scripted IP in film and long form entertainment.
- Write and adapt existing screenplays to suit the needs of the project and department.
- Procure new script submission from multiple trusted sources and read and cover multiple scripts a week.
- Architect and manage a submission system for screenplays.
- Help with casting, pre-production, production and delivery in post.
- Create and present compelling pitch materials.
- Lead brainstorms and motivate different creative teams.
- Lead presentations to advertising clients around product placement and sponsorship opportunities.
- Help oversee marketing campaigns.
- Have a love of experimentation and a skill at encouraging others to experiment.
- Keep up with a fast-paced schedule.
- Analyze the results of your work.
- Track and manage the status of many projects in development, production or post-production at once, managing freelance personnel and their workflow, along with the internal creative team.
- At least five years of experience in scripted development.
- A deep familiarity with the BuzzFeed tone of voice and library of work across all platforms.
- Deep connections in the film industry from agencies, to talent to distributors.
- A high skillset and body of work in concepting, writing and executing ideas.
- Interest in and understanding of using data to inform creative work.
- Script examples and produced video work to show.
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach to work.
- Experience hiring and supervising freelance personnel, and managing their workflow in a positive and efficient manner.
- A positive, curious, personality, with a "no haters" philosophy.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A comprehensive and diverse benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Name Your Own Job!
Guidepost Montessori, Anywhere!