We’re looking for a Threat Analyst to join BuzzFeed’s security team. In this role you will support BuzzFeed’s mission in spreading joy and truth in an ever changing media landscape both domestically and abroad. Using first in class research skills and sound judgment in this role you will identify and assess potential risk to staff, property and projects. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of media risk and be eager to work with our creative talent and news reporters both domestically and internationally. Beyond the traditional analyst responsibilities, you will also be responsible for implementing production security protocols and processes where necessary to support projects.
- Seek out, investigate, analyze and report threats against BuzzFeed operations using open source tools online.
- Assist in creating analyses of specific threats as identified, and help research and write assessments for domestic and international news assignments and video productions.
- Serve as a “first responder” to all incidents of risk
- Conduct debriefs with teams returning from the assignments or productions in the field
- Follow industry trends in risk analysis and improve our understanding of the domestic media landscape
- Lead in tracking assets while in the field and assist in crisis management.
- Think operationally alongside our teams to determine what protocols might be necessary to assist in their safety when reporting out major news stories, e.g. civil unrest and natural disasters.
- Supportive lead for those facing harassment, threats, or in the midst of an emergency incident.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.