BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Producer (project-based) with a deep knowledge of video production, social media, and the internet to create compelling videos for our YouTube channels. You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand for BuzzFeed, delivering on our measures of success, and collaborate with appropriate parties to keep video execution within budget. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, and professional in high-pressure situations.
This is a 6-week full-time contract position based in our New York office, available to start immediately.
- Drive all aspects of production, including shooting, directing, and editing
- Produce an average of 1 video per week for BuzzFeed’s flagship YouTube channels
- Use data insights to create content ideas that align with BuzzFeed’s best practices
- Ensure the production of all your projects come in on time and within budget while maintaining BuzzFeed’s high creative standards
- Work closely with the Supervising and Executive Producers to expand BuzzFeed’s product offerings
- 3 or more years of video production experience
- Experienced camera operator, who is skilled with DSLRs
- Expertise in editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience producing shoots in studio and on location, including different lighting and equipment set ups that best serve a wide variety of production environments
- Experience managing big-budget as well as low-touch videos that have many moving parts
- Able to meet tight production deadlines
- The ability to expertly explain ideas and creative vision in a compelling way
- The ability to prioritize and delegate tasks accordingly
- A collaborative and patient mindset
- A firm understanding of production budgets and product margins
- A deep understanding of virality and shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
- Thorough knowledge of BuzzFeed as a brand and ability to speak to its voice and best practices.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Bulk Handling Systems
Shop and Warehouse Supervisor
Bulk Handling Systems, National Recovery Technologies