About the Job:
You will join an IT team of about 22 team members, and you will report to the IT Infrastructure Manager in LA. Responsibilities for this role include providing network design, implementation, and support for 19 offices globally, redundancy and network security planning, and contributing to internal IT documentation.
- Ownership over office networks & enterprise systems
- Coordinate with facilities team and vendors regarding cabling & network equipment
- WAN and LAN network design and implementation
- Onsite installation and configuration of network infrastructure for new offices and expansions
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software—detail is essential!
- Perform monitoring, testing and troubleshooting
- Setup and maintenance of user and site-to-site VPNs
- Perform firmware and hardware network upgrades
- Evaluate, recommend and deploy new technologies
- Continued education and skill development
- Mentorship and training of other IT team members
- Balanced combination of technical, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to colleagues and users at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under stress
- Interested in coming up with unique solutions to support a fast-paced media/video production environment
- Experience deploying and managing AWS-hosted virtual networks and VPCs
- Flexibility to work late hours as needed during site build outs or major outages
- 5+ years equivalent experience
- Experience configuring and fixing Cisco Meraki/Fortinet/Juniper networking equipment
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with network principles like routing, switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless, TCP, ARP, STP, DNS, DHCP, etc
- Networking certifications are a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, etc.
- BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.