Software Engineer, Distribution Tools
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced engineer to help build our social publishing and syndication platform. We need your help shaping our React codebase as we continue to integrate our tools on new platforms.
We’re a distributed team consisting of a product manager, designer, data scientist, and engineers split between our New York and Minneapolis offices. Together, we work on a variety of services and user interfaces responsible for distributing BuzzFeed content to our partners.
What you'll do:
- Create reusable patterns that improve the consistency of the codebase.
- Operate in a data-driven way, using insights you collect on user behaviour to create compelling and engaging experiences.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, designers, product managers, and others, taking learning opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Reach across the entire tech stack at BuzzFeed and get a deep understanding of large-scale media companies’ architecture and operations.
Who you are:
- You understand that the web is for everyone and build inclusive, accessible systems.
- You are a passionate, empathetic engineer who enjoys contributing to, and leading, technical projects and working with engineers at all levels.
- You value testing, instrumenting and documenting your work.
- You adapt quickly to change and love to ship and iterate, building on new user research, insights and data.
- You have familiarity with the JS framework, React, and state management, example, Redux.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, and birthday treats
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Clinical Platform
Heal, Los Angeles