BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeed’s most beloved brands on YouTube. Reporting to our Lead Social Media Strategist and working from our Hollywood campus, you'll use data to inform decisions and collaborate closely with operations and video producers to ensure that our content is released in the most optimal way across YouTube and more.
You are passionate about publishers and content creators on YouTube and can summarize how and why certain videos blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
We’re looking for an expert who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed — someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
- Develop, schedule, publish and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple YouTube channels.
- Completely and wholly own your projects from a publishing point-of-view; have all the answers and if you don’t, find the answer.
- Establish a consultative relationship with stakeholders, including executives.
- Schedule and publish videos to some of the biggest brands on YouTube.
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and other social media channels.
- Be an advisor for new programs; a respected thought leader to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
- Anticipate issues in workflow or content performance and present manager with possible relevant solutions and think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder).
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and influence
- At least one year of professional experience online writing/editing/curating on the web for a major publisher or brand
- An interest in keeping up-to-date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to improve for essential metrics
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem, and experience with YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit
- Understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video’s performance
- Ability to handle multiple priorities - a tireless work ethic never hurts!
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted on any BuzzFeed YouTube channel (published within the last year) that you think did really well and explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A diverse benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, inclusion and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.