BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, systematic, Post Production Supervisor to support our growing Los Angeles team. Working from our new Hollywood campus and reporting to our Post Production Manager, you will manage post-production schedules and resources, provide post-production training and promote collaboration.
- Oversee Post Production process on multiple projects, ensuring assets are delivered on time and to spec
- Manage Cost reporting across projects, ensuring budgets stay within margin
- Collaborate with Post Production Manager to forecast resources, and screen/interview freelancers
- Organize Post Production SOPs and comms across departments
- Ensure legal clearances and platform standards are upheld
- Quality Control for all final assets
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Oversee coordination team to collect administrative paperwork (SOWs, MSAs, NDAs, and freelance timecards)
- Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in a management position in the digital space
- Advanced knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
- Proficiency in Project Management tools (Teamweek and Airtable are a plus)
- Experience creating and actualizing Post Budgets (Movie Magic experience preferred but not necessary)
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Effective leadership and communication within a team environment
- Versed in tech and automation tools
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to guide projects from ingest to delivery independently
- Knowledgeable of current social media and digital video platforms
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.