Senior Manager, Licensed Consumer Promotions
BuzzFeed, New York, Chicago or Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed, the global cross-platform media company, no longer exists solely on the internet. Building on our beloved brands and the deep relationship we’ve nurtured with our audience, we’re now in kitchens, offices, and more with products as varied as Tasty X McCormick Spice Blends and cookware and Goodful home goods. As part of the Licensing team, the Senior Manager of Licensed Consumer Promotions will provide broad support and help bring the best of BuzzFeed to life.
You'll work out of our New York, Chicago or Los Angeles offices and will report to the Senior Vice President of Licensing for BuzzFeed.
- Oversee all licensed consumer promotions (in-store shopper programs with BuzzFeed ad partners). This includes:
- Initial pitches and presentations to potential promotional partners
- Set pricing or explore creative business models
- Manage creative team’s execution of custom assets
- Lead client-facing communications
- Partner with BuzzFeed ad sales teams (with heavy focus on CPG, Retail and International teams) to identify essential categories/clients for custom pitches
- Be the lead voice on projects spanning multiple departments across BuzzFeed
- Collaborate with BuzzFeed's Innovation team to develop campaigns
- Partner with BuzzFeed creative services to provide assets to clients on time
- Marketplace research: catalog and maintain an awareness of promotional exercises in mass market and grocery
- Monitor execution, presentation and adherence of campaigns at store/account level
- Work with promotional partners and BuzzFeed Data Science to track performance of in-store campaigns to gain insights and improve future exercises
- Improve and refine our Consumer Promotions sales materials
- A high attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- An enthusiasm for consumer goods
- A pleasant, outgoing personality that fosters a team environment
- A passion for BuzzFeed, an understanding of the BuzzFeed brands across all channels, and belief that the best online brands can seamlessly extend into the real-world
- 5+ years of experience in sales, agency or promotional marketing, preferably in Consumer Products or Product Licensing
- Working knowledge of Office or Google Suite (especially Excel/Google Sheets) plus a high level of comfort with learning new systems
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A diverse benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, inclusion and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.