BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, detail oriented Studio Operations Analyst to work within our fast-paced studio environment in Hollywood. Reporting to our Director of Studio Operations, you'll develop essential performance metrics to better promote efficiency within studio operations.
- Manage two Logistics Coordinators and the booking operations for 25 stages across two studio lots
- Conduct studio space and forecast modeling based on historic resourcing and activity data
- Identify opportunities to standardize and refine processes across Studio Operations
- Be an operational partner to Content and Production teams
- Communicate findings to management, providing them with applicable insights to support short-term tactical and long-term strategic decision-making
- Create tools, dashboards, and visualizations from large-scale data sets across video categories, including:
- Dashboard reporting for the Camera/Lighting, Props Rental and Grip departments
- Budgeting and forecast tools to manage stage overages and other stage support services
- Other Studio Operations reports including allocation models, stage grids, department budgets, etc.
- Perform quarterly forecast vs. actuals analysis for all Studio Operations products and services
- Work across Accounting and Studio Operations Reporting teams to provide all monthly close submissions
- Monitor monthly variances for operations and highlight essential areas of concern
- Support Managers with spend data analysis to assess current performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Coordinate data gathering and submissions with other department heads within Studio Operations
- Hands-on budgeting and forecasting experience
- Experience developing and navigating complex financial models
- A startup, flexible mentality - agile, independent and adept with change
- A collaborative nature to work with multiple teams and content streams and extract and combine different data sources
- Ease with explaining analyses to persons in multiple teams and levels of the company.
- Knowledge of SAP, SQL, VBA, and Visio
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Domo, etc.)
- Familiarity with Python, R, or similar programming languages
- Familiarity with website analytics tools, e.g. Omniture and Google Analytics
- 4+ years of experience in a consulting firm, real estate industry, logistics company, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytics role.
- Experience in production capacity planning and analysis is a plus, but not a prerequisite (Media/Entertainment or other industries)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A diverse benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, inclusion and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.