Reporting to the Test Kitchen Manager, The Kitchen Manager/Recipe Developer will maintain a well-stocked and organized pantry in the Tasty LA kitchen and equipment maintenance and oversight. In addition to the facilities management, you will test and develop 6+ recipes a month under the direction of the Test Kitchen Manager. You will partner closely with recipe/editorial video producers to ensure all culinary needs for short-form digital content are accomplished in a timely and organized manner and within budget.
- Stock and maintain a clean and organized pantry used by all members of the Tasty LA kitchen.
- Oversee and help operate all cooking equipment in the kitchen.
- Recipe develop at a high-level ensuring safety, style, and proper techniques matching Tasty's style guide.
- Assist as needed, under the direction of the Test Kitchen Manager, on tasks such as external talent shoots, Tasty branded product development/cross-testing, etc.
- Ensure compliance with health regulations in accordance to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines
- Coordinates which culinary product is moved into production rotation
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas
- Establish controls to minimize food and supply waste
- Conduct station checks daily
- Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related goods are met
- Maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Manage kitchen requests for supplies, outside shoots and kitchen and oven use
- Lead kitchen safety trainings for incoming producers
- Be point of contact for kitchen maintenance through facilities and outside vendors
- 3+ years of food service experience with experience in ordering and stocking pantry
- 2+ years of recipe development with experience in international cuisine and high comfort level in both sweet and savory cooking
- 1+ years of digital food media experience
- Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong interpersonal written and communication skills
- Strong organization and multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of Tasty video content and understanding of our overall point of view on food
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to occasionally work on evenings and weekends
- Unwavering commitment to working safely
- Experience on-set and a comfort level performing in higher stress set environments
- Comfort level working with talent
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Please submit your application, along with a Cover Letter and Resume
- Please include links to published work, either print or digital
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, inclusion and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.