Manager, Business Affairs & Rights & Clearances
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a full-time Business Affairs professional to manage the contract lifecycle for production-related agreements, including talent agreements, asset licenses, production releases, and production service agreements.
You will report into our Legal team and work with several BuzzFeed teams including Studio Operations, Physical Production, Production Accounting, and Video and Post production teams (editorial and advertiser-facing). You will be based in our Los Angeles office.
- Independently summarize, review, and negotiate standard production agreements, including appearance, materials, and location releases, asset licenses, talent agreements, and stock library agreements, consulting with attorneys on complex issues as needed.
- Maintain and update production agreement templates.
- Be a client-facing liaison with creatives and with key production operations teams, including teams located in BuzzFeed’s UK, Australia, Brazil, Mexico and India offices.
- Partner with Legal and Business Affairs attorneys for production and content deals, media buys, and other content partnerships.
- Provide regular training and on-the-spot guidance following BuzzFeed production legal guidelines and policies, including by way of example, consumer promotions, third-party/intellectual property rights, fair use, legal disclaimers, and other legal issues.
- Be a project manager for several Legal department programs, both within the production legal environment and as part of cross-team working groups.
- Perform other assignments as directed by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree, no JD necessary
- 5+ years working in a Business Affairs, production legal support, or similar role, giving you a working knowledge of third-party/intellectual property (copyright, trademark, right of publicity) usage rights and general content production operations
- Attention to detail combined with superior organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience training production teams on compliance-related policies
- Ability to create processes and workflows to encourage uniformity and scalability in production lifecycles
- Organized self-starter with a focus on excellence and engagement, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Team player with the ability to succeed in a high-energy, rapidly-evolving organization and to collaborate across teams
- A plus if you also have knowledge of any or all of the following: music licensing, fair use guidelines, sweepstakes/contests and consumer promotions, prepublication review, and defamation or are fluent in Spanish or Portuguese.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A great benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, inclusion and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Real Estate Counsel (West)
Knotel, Knotel SF