BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, is looking for a VP, Business Strategy. This person will be instrumental in helping us to strategically grow our business and continue to disrupt the content landscape. This role will identify new business opportunities through strategic analysis, an understanding of BuzzFeed's unique position in the marketplace, and experience with the digital content ecosystem.
The VP, Brand Strategy will act as an internal consultant to BuzzFeed’s suite of brands. Working closely with each of the heads of the various business functions, the VP, Business Strategy will analyze and provide advice on improving the business performance of various lines of business at BuzzFeed.
The VP, Business Strategy will be a strategist, creative thinker and content lover and have the ability to partner with key internal stakeholders to create strategies and goals to make their part of BuzzFeed thrive. The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical problem-solving skills and change management experience to frame, analyze, make recommendations on, and help execute the most important issues facing BuzzFeed and the media industry in general.
The successful candidate will be required to work autonomously within a team environment to drive continuous improvement in the business performance of BuzzFeed. Key success factors will include the ability to analyze, communicate, and work with team members across the business to deliver solutions for a range of high-level business performance issues.
This position is based in NY or LA.
- Develop strategic plans which leverage BuzzFeed’s unique combination of content, tech and creative resources and help drive business decision making for growth and sustainability.
- Provide analytical problem-solving expertise and ‘end-to-end’ ownership of critical problems, including problem definition, framework development, analysis and project management
- Collaborate, communicate and connect with people within the business (like content creators) and help them define and implement strategies to reach business goals.
- Manage BuzzFeed’s strategic partnerships and guide the executive decision making for partnership initiatives.
- Identify and financially assess new business lines and business models with a focus on leveraging BuzzFeed’s unique combination of content, tech and creative resources
- Design and develop written materials to effectively and efficiently communicate insights
- Minimum of 10 years in US media and/or tech industries, advertising, and deal experience.
- Previous experience working with a top-tier management consulting firm a plus.
- Demonstrated success in creating strategic plans and analysis for both large and small segments of a business.
- Strategic thinker who can also operationalize a plan.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including in particular the demonstrated ability to simplify and explain complex problems to a varied audience.
- Expert at building and maintaining strong relationships with senior level executives
- Clearly demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed environment, balancing multiple competing priorities on tight deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Passion for and a familiarity and fluency with media and entertainment, news, and technology
- MBA a plus
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead People Business Partner - Tech
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Recruiter -Temporary Contract
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Senior Development Manager
Brookfield Residential, Edmonton
Merchandise Design Internship (LA) - Summer 2018
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner
Qualtrics , Sydney
Benefits Specialist (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco