BuzzFeed News is looking for a brilliant, bold, boundlessly ambitious editor to be the deputy of our 20-person investigations team.
This is a leadership role with a big mandate: to inspire our award-winning investigative team; to guide reporters toward the most important investigations and the most daunting targets; to oversee reporting with the most exacting standards and to shape it into un-put-downable stories; and to push and push for maximum impact.
Working with the global investigations editor, you would help set the direction for a team with the highest goals — and the mandate and resources to pursue them to the limits.
We are looking for a proven track record in investigations, including:
- publishing major investigative stories that have changed laws, shut down companies or had other meaningful real-world impact.
- impeccable news, legal, and ethical sense and impeccable standards for reporting depth, detail, rigor, and fairness.
- experience managing complex projects, sometimes over long periods, and steering talented and tireless reporters to do their best work.
- a superb sense of how to shape clear, powerful findings and compelling, well-paced narrative so that stories hit with maximum velocity.
- a passion for using a new media ecosystem to pursue the timeless goal of holding power accountable.
- a talent for teamwork in an atmosphere of mutual respect, optimism and fun.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.