Are you viral on Twitter? Running an instagram meme account? Maybe slightly internet culture obsessed? And does the prospect of working in a creative and fast-paced environment making content for social excite you?
BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled Social Media Editor to join our team in London. As Social Media Editor, you will be responsible for writing posts on BuzzFeed’s social channels — including BuzzFeed subbrands such as Proper Tasty, Bring Me, etc — across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Tik Tok and more.
We will provide you with access to fresh new content, our massive content library, and industry-leading data and analytics tools. It will be your responsibility to drive growth and engagement on our channels. In order to accomplish your mission, you will be encouraged to get creative — perhaps you will cutdown a celebrity interview into memes to turn one video into five. Or maybe a Tasty recipe video provides a perfect reaction GIF on a Sunday morning when roast is on everyone’s brain.
This role sits on the social team and splits social responsibilities with the team. The role reports into the Lead Social Publisher, BuzzFeed UK.
- Create, schedule, and launch posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other social platforms
- Use photoshop and/or Premiere Pro to create or cutdown assets from video footage and strategically cross promote this content onto relevant BuzzFeed handles
- Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and video creators to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Develop and refine social strategy with lead social publisher
- Analyze reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities
- Oversee community moderations across social platforms
- Stay updated on social video as platforms change and evolve their offerings (playlists, stories, highlights, live video, etc)
- Leverage Facebook Analytics and third party tools for tracking and reporting on content performance.
- Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending, and talking about on the internet
- Willing to cover weekend social posting
- This is job requires 1+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- Proven social media experience and data analysis skills
- Proven understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
- Proven understanding of virality and the media landscape
- Proven experience using social data reporting tools and platforms
- Be a self-motivated person who isn’t afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Ability to flourish in a collaborative and fun environment
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
- Knowledge of photoshop and premiere pro is a plus
- Knowledge of Google suite and Keynote is a plus
- Portfolio of assets (videos, memes, etc) you created for social a plus
*Applicants will be asked to submit links to relevant past work*
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Senior Producer, Intercept Podcasts
First Look Media, New York, NY