BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Media Planner to support the LA and NYC media planning teams. You will be responsible for supporting the planning team with operational initiatives, and collaborate with client teams to build accurate and profitable media plans. This role can be based in either NYC or LA.
- Report to LA Media Planner, also based in Los Angeles, and support both the LA + NYC media planners.
- Partner with client teams to understand client goals and objectives for desired media mix.
- Manage pre-packaged plans and templates for editorial and tentpole initiatives, as well as track sell through and revenue goals.
- Support Media Planning team & client teams with inventory forecast requests.
- Perform all planning system entry functions in Operative.
- Partner with Business Operations to create process improvements that eliminate bottlenecks (streamlined reports, resources, etc.).
- Handle any and all ad-hoc requests in a timely, efficient manner.
- Previous internship or full-time experience in media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Able to multitask in a high paced environment.
- Demonstrated interest in digital media, and understanding of branded content and social platforms.
- Prior experience with digital is a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.