BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, organized Show Producer to join our Hollywood-based team. Reporting to our Director of Show Development, you'll lead multiple shows and pilots at any given time. You're a passionate and engaging leader, open to the ideas of others with an emphasis on cross team collaboration and idea generation/execution.
- Inspire the creative from development to pilot to full season order within assigned projects
- Understand and determine next steps for your team on a given project
- Develop, foster and support our talent
- Lead team meetings, brainstorms and postmortems for assigned projects and provide feedback
- Partner with Flagship/Data team to assess performance insights from pilot to pilot and season to season per pilot and show process
- Refine shows creatively for target audiences with an eye towards replicability/sustainability
- Collaborate with partners to ensure show goals are met (creative, performance, revenue, budget)
- Work with production to strategize and refine all project budgets before presenting them for approval
- Work with Marketing/PRCommerce to field incoming opportunities outside of episode production, advises on growth opportunities and places for positive collaboration
- Produce unique brand growth opportunities for assigned projects as agreed upon with Marketing/PR
- Assist branded ops leads to vet incoming brand opportunities
- Produce custom branded content for assigned projects
- Create brand opportunities within current projects and envision custom creative for branded ops to pitch out
- Work with Art Desk/Brand strategy team to develop and implement marketing strategy and content around current projects
- At least five years of experience in development, ideally with experience in unscripted development and working with digital platforms
- A deep familiarity with the BuzzFeed tone of voice and library of work across all platforms
- A high skillset and body of work in concepting, writing and executing ideas
- Interest in and understanding of using data to inform creative work
- Produced video work to show
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach to work
- Experience hiring and managing a team, and managing their workflow in a positive and efficient manner
- A positive, curious, personality, with a "no haters" philosophy.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and diverse benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.