BuzzFeed.com is looking for an experienced and analytical SEO expert to implement and manage BuzzFeed’s SEO strategy. You have a deep technical understanding of SEO best practices and technologies, including web indexing, rank tracking, keyword research, structured data, and backlinking. We’re looking for someone with an analyst background who feels comfortable setting up experiments, living in spreadsheets, and can pull data from different sources. You will partner with editorial, product, and data teams to guide the technical roadmap, search-friendly optimization strategy, and evergreen content projects.
- Perform regular audits of page metadata, URL structure, internal linking, AMP errors, loading time, bounce rate, and structured data fixes
- Create, execute, and track linking strategies for all BuzzFeed.com properties
- Regularly report on trends and performance using Google Analytics and SEO tools such as SEMRush and Moz
- Conduct keyword research and competitive analyses to identify white space opportunities and ranking declines
- Design and implement new content experiments that help teams learn about successful search traffic acquisition strategies
- Advise on Google Search and Discover strategy for breaking news, pop culture events, seasonal lifestyle, and shopping content
- Manage any content-related SEO optimization efforts, such as reducing thin content pages and adding links, descriptions, keywords, and headlines
- 5+ years planning, developing and implementing SEO strategy
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing successful content and product experiments focused on search traffic optimization
- Experience with Looker or similar BI tools is a plus
- Passionate and knowledgeable about best practices and latest trends in search and Google Discover traffic acquisition
- Expert-level skills in keyword research and analysis and experience using industry-leading SEO tools
- Proven ability to effectively present ideas to senior leadership and influence cross-departmental initiatives
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.