BuzzFeed.com is looking for an experienced and data-minded SEO expert and content strategist to develop, implement and manage BuzzFeed’s SEO strategy.
- Advise writers and editorial leadership on Google Search and Discover strategy for breaking news, pop culture events, seasonal lifestyle, and shopping content
- Support training editors and writers on all things SEO including best practices and how to effectively optimize content, develop reporting and perform case studies
- Regularly report on trends and performance using Google Analytics and SEO tools such as SEMRush and Moz
- Conduct keyword research and competitive analyses to identify white space opportunities and ranking declines
- Perform regular audits of URL structure, internal linking, AMP errors as well as any content-related SEO optimization efforts, such as adding links, descriptions, keywords, and headlines
- Partner with product, and data teams to guide the technical roadmap
- Design and implement new content experiments that help teams learn about successful search traffic acquisition strategies
- 5+ years planning, developing and implementing SEO strategy
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing successful content experiments focused on search traffic optimization
- Experience with Looker or similar BI tools is a plus
- A deep passion for data and insights and the ability to excel in a fast-paced digital publishing environment
- Expert-level skills in keyword research, deep passion for data, and experience using industry-leading SEO tools including Google Analytics, SEM Rush, MoZ
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.