BuzzFeed Production Talent Network - Assistant Editors
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is currently seeking Assistant Editors to join our talent network for potential future opportunities on BuzzFeed projects. As one of the leading independent digital media companies, BuzzFeed publishes a vast amount of new content daily, across various platforms and formats.
Publishing at such scale, we are always interested in hearing from talented professionals who are able to assist on-site on a per-project basis. Submitting your information here is the best way to ensure that as various shoots, projects etc... occur, our team is able to find and engage qualified talent.
How This Works:
- Submit your cover letter and resume below
- You'll receive a confirmation of your submission and your information will be kept on file
- As projects arise, our team will search through submissions to find the best talent
- If your skills and experience are a match for our project needs, you will be contacted to gauge interest and availability
- Logging, organizing, and archiving footage
- Keep detailed logs on footage, ingests, and preps
- Prepare and assemble string outs, short content, and in-video graphics when requested
- Assist Editors and Producers with workflow knowledge and tasks to streamline the Post-Production process
- Occasionally help with tech support issues
- Collaborate with editors in trafficking, assessing and editing incoming footage
- Assist Post-Production Supervisors in the management of assets and production materials
- Support communication between Production and Post-Production teams
- Prep and Conform assets for delivery to vendors for sound mix and color correction, as well as client deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication (or related field/experience)
- 3+ years working in a professional environment
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects as well as 3rd party software
- Comfortable working with most video codecs, formats, timecode formats, and transcoding
- Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
- Detail-oriented, technical, and open to new ideas
- Work at at a consistent pace while effectively multitasking
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.