BuzzFeed Production Talent Network - Video Editors
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is currently seeking Video Editors to join our talent network for potential future opportunities on BuzzFeed projects. As one of the leading independent digital media companies, BuzzFeed publishes a vast amount of new content daily, across various platforms and formats.
Publishing at such scale, we are always interested in hearing from talented professionals who are able to assist on-site on a per-project basis. Submitting your information here is the best way to ensure that as various shoots, projects etc... occur, our team is able to find and engage qualified talent.
How This Works:
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and editor reel below
- You'll receive a confirmation of your submission and your information will be kept on file
- As shoots and projects arise, our team will search through submissions to find the best talent
- If your skills and experience are a match for our project needs, you will be contacted to gauge interest and availability
- Partner with Creatives and Post-Production team editing a variety of BuzzFeed video content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Stay super organized in and adhere to internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication (or related field/experience)
- 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects as well as 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Passion and knowledge for editing theory
- Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX
- Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.