Senior Creative Producer, Branded (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
This role reports into the Supervising Creative Producer(s) and serves as a senior creative writer/director within BuzzFeed Branded Video. This role will pitch, direct, and execute compelling short-form and long-form video content that both elevates the BuzzFeed brand and helps the sponsoring party achieve their marketing objectives. This role provides creative direction, data-driven thinking, and high-level production/post-production oversight to ensure that they are creating content that works for both BuzzFeed and the sponsor.
- Write, produce, direct, and provide editorial notes for exciting and shareable branded BuzzFeed videos. We’re talking about stuff like this and this
- Actively contribute to creative meetings and brainstorm sessions
- Pitch ideas, both internally and directly to clients — This could include writing a formal pitch, or verbally bringing your idea to life in an in-person meeting.
- Partner with our Sales and Client Service Management teams to ensure the brand’s needs are met through clear and open communication
- Collaborate across multiple teams to produce exceptional work on short timelines
- Work collaboratively with other creative leaders to translate client RFPs, and quickly determine the best creative solution and direction within the BuzzFeed ecosystem.
- Problem-solve with Sales and Client Services team when circumstances deviate from our normal process.
- Maintain oversight on all deliverables (pitches, treatments, video cuts, etc.) while always giving approval at treatment and edit phase.
- Ensure initial ideas are in line with brand objectives, maintain BF brand voice/ethos and can be executed within budget.
- Work closely with Physical Production team to ensure all production resources and budgets are in balance with the creative vision of all video productions.
- 5 + years experience working predominantly in video for major brands
- Proven experience directing high-level and low-budget videos
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Committed to hiring diverse and inclusive crews
- Able to confidently pitch ideas across diverse BuzzFeed channels (Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, A-Pop)
- Creatively persuasive and client-facing
- Experienced in leading a crew and collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Strong background in conceptual, creatively-strategic, and visual thinking
- Reel available for writing/directing that includes multiple digital platforms and formats
- Ability to rapidly execute in an environment with tight timelines, and manage multiple projects at a time
- Self-starting, solution-oriented approach with an ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Extremely thorough, high level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for interfacing at various levels, especially with both creative and technical partners
- Innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset/vision a must
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.