BuzzFeed is looking for a Product Manager to build delightful, high-growth consumer products. This role will pair a passion for digital media — from viral quizzes and videos to Pulitzer-prize winning investigative series — with the ability to lead teams in launching and iterating on impactful products.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of user-centered and needs-driven products.
- Establish, articulate, and champion a product vision that addresses critical business needs.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams of engineers, designers, data scientists, social strategists, and content creators.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements.
- Define, communicate, test and track metrics for success.
- Have a firm grasp on BuzzFeed’s business model and competitive position.
- Facilitate an effective process in an adaptive environment.
- You have 3+ years product management experience, preferably for a large consumer audience.
- You approach problems thinking first of the user’s needs.
- You’re obsessed with data and know how to work with with tools such as Google Analytics (if you know SQL, that’s a plus!) to understand user behavior and inform decisions.
- You enjoy working with distributed teams and are an extraordinary communicator in every medium — from Slack to video conferencing to in-person gatherings.
- You have a deep understanding of the technical and operational requirements of projects and products. You don’t need to be an engineer, but you need to speak the language of APIs, caching layers, databases and pull requests.
- You want to work for a company that believes in smart experimentation, agility, mutual respect and having fun.
As the leading independent digital media company, BuzzFeed is redefining how media connects and informs millions of people globally. We are responsible for helping people understand the world, connecting them with friends, family, and peers, and expanding their minds by exposing them to ideas, cultures, and experiences they wouldn’t have encountered on their own.
We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like endless office snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build products that help connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some classes we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Mobile
Reddit, San Francisco
Product Manager - Product and Service Excellence
Airbnb, Portland, Oregon
Product Manager University Grad (2018)
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Group Product Manager
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA
Textiles R&D Lead
Casper, San Francisco
Senior Design Strategist
Casper, San Francisco