BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate and resourceful foodie who can create compelling original videos to join our Tasty team. Reporting to our Supervising Producer, you'll work on our new Hollywood campus on a small team of video producers to concept, shoot and edit videos for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Tasty.com. You are a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, food content, and the latest technology/platforms. You have a background in independent video production and an obsession with creating shareable viral food content.
- Concept, shoot, edit, and produce food/cooking videos for BuzzFeed Tasty’s digital and social platforms
- Collaborate with our Culinary Manager to test/develop new recipes, and keep up with a quick turnaround production schedule
- Make creative, fun and social-driven food videos that people will like and share across our platforms
- Keep track of viral food trends, create content around them, and analyze the results of your work
- 2+ years of experience with video production and familiarity with DSLR cameras, lighting, and editing
- 2+ years of experience creating compelling food content for the web
- A passion for food/cooking (professional experience is a plus!)
- Adobe Creative Cloud fluency (Premier Pro, PhotoShop)
- A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it
- Ability to work on your own as well as collaborate in small teams
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (a "no haters" philosophy)
**Please submit links to work with your application. **
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.