BuzzFeeds data team is diverse, coming from varying backgrounds, experiences, & skill sets. The team uses data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, & identify opportunities for innovation across the company. We are true hybrids - software engineers, statisticians, mathematicians, domain experts & analysts - who specialize in translating questions into methodical approaches, experiments, & products. We think deeply about the limitations of data, & communicate our output coherently. Content analytics as part of the data team focuses on applied questions relating to the strategy and optimization of all of our content from articles to video.
BuzzFeed is looking for interns to join our content analytics team this summer. If you want to apply your love of statistics and media to creative and business decisions this might be right for you! To qualify, you must be enrolled & returning to school upon completion of the internship. This is a paid internship.
Work with a mentor on the content analytics team to identify a project (or set of smaller projects), that will have a real impact on our content strategy. Some possible areas of application may be in content categorization, opportunity analysis, content performance analytics and/or building visualizations for content creators to better understand performance.
Learn about last year’s data summer internship program here!
Submit the following:
- An article that you have written (blog or journal) or a piece of code that you’ve used to analyze data (code snippet or GitHub repo)
- A copy of your CV
- A short description of projects that you might imagine doing as an intern at BuzzFeed
Life at BuzzFeed:
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchen!
- You must be legally eligible to work in the US.
- You must be graduating in 2019 or later.
- You must be onsite in Los Angeles June 1st - August 14 2020.
- You’ll be paid fairly, in line with tech industry standards.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.