BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, self-motivated, Lead Post Production Coordinator to join our Los Angeles team.
- Collaborate with Post Production Supervisors to coordinate daily tasks, resourcing, and budget tracking while managing Post Production schedules
- Assist Post Production Supervisors with overarching mentor support for Post Coordinators
- Participate with Post Production Management team to forecast resources, and screen/interview freelancers
- Assist in Onboarding post freelance resources
- Directly manage 1-2 freelance roles as needed
- Effectively approve and build out resource timelines per project needs
- Oversee Post Production process on multiple projects, ensuring assets are delivered on time and to spec
- Contribute, organize and update Post Production SOPs and sending comms across departments
- Ensure legal clearances and platform standards are upheld
- Quality Control for all final assets
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Oversee and complete administrative start paperwork and timecards for freelance staff
- Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field/equivalent experience
- At least 4 years experience working in the digital space or video project management
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Advanced knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
- Proficient in Project Management tools (Teamweek and Airtable are a plus!)
- Familiarity with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Experience with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Willingness to learn and evolve within a team environment
- Inspired to learn more about the technical side of Post Production
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, Positive team player, able to guide projects from ingest to delivery independently
- Knowledgeable of current social media and digital video platforms
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Product Manager
PEAK6, Irvine, CA