We're looking for an extroverted individual with a fantastically positive attitude to be the Head of First Impressions in our New York office. You will report to the Director of Office Services.
This role is based in our NY office. We offer a great compensation package, benefits, 401k and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks like snacks, drinks and swag!
- Be punctual for the start of the day at 9am!
- Greet all visitors and make sure that their host collects them from Reception
- Assist with coordinating in-office events including monthly birthday treats, weekly lunches, happy hours, etc.
- Process and track NY Office Services vendor invoices
- Respond to, assign and close out daily Request tickets to the team through in-house ticketing system
- Proof, confirm and order business cards through Moo.com system
- Keep the Reception area neat and stocked
- Handle movie ticket transactions
- Handle daily access badge loaners
- Second line of guest security, keeping the Reception area as secure as possible to include keeping all doors closed and confirming that all relevant individuals have identification/badges on hand
- Perform other responsibilities as needed
- Ability to adapt in situations of frequent change
- Self-starter who identifies and improves the workings of the company in addition to responding to specific requests
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Google calendar, Sheets), PowerPoint, MS Word, basic Excel
- Availability for 9am - 5:30pm EST, Monday - Friday work hours
- Receptionist, Administrative or Executive Assistant experience, ideally at a startup
- Attention to detail and a love of organization!
- Experience with Envoy guest management and ZenDesk support tracking systems
- Strong .gif game
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.