Does the idea of using data to solve business problems excite you? Do you often look at products from an analytical perspective, considering how data could inform you of their strengths and weaknesses? Then look no further and join the Data Science team at BuzzFeed to solve these kinds of problems.
The team uses data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, and find opportunities for innovation. We are true hybrids - software engineers, statisticians, mathematicians, domain experts and analysts - who specialize in translating questions into methodical approaches, experiments, and products. We think deeply about the limitations of data, and communicate our output coherently.
Your primary role will be to develop viable solutions for business problems and opportunities through data analysis and modeling. Analysis examples include understanding our advertising platform and operations, optimizing business costs, and evaluating product performance. You will work closely with teams including advertising, finance, marketing, and product.
- Design and implement reports that track key business metrics and deliver actionable insights to internal partners.
- Answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data.
- Communicate findings to other analysts, data scientists, engineers, and leaders across the company in a clear, precise and accessible way.
- Advise employees from other groups who are working on problems involving data.
- Collect and interpret data to allow for rapid product and content experimentation.
- Build learning loops in which user experiences generate insights used to drive growth and engagement across different platforms.
- Define critical metrics and measures of success in a cross-platform world.
- Work on data cataloging, monitoring, dashboard creation, ad-hoc reporting, data integrations, data mining, market research, and deep dive analyses measuring our various data sets.
- Empathize with global audiences to identify meaningful data trends that will inform personalized experiences.
- 2+ years of industry experience, working on data driven initiatives.
- An insatiable passion for solving analytical problems of all types using quantitative approaches.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing large data sets from varying sources
- Ability to balance a fast-paced working environment with the need for precision
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally within a team
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with an analysis tool such as R, MATLAB, or SAS
- Experience with at least one scripting language, ideally Python
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services / Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with BI tools like Looker, Mode or Tableau
- Experience with social data or media
- Machine Learning
- Familiarity with the inner workings of news, content or native advertising organization
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer Associate Program: 2018
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Data Scientist, Senior Healthcare Business Intelligence Analyst
Quartet, New York, NY
Business Marketing Analyst
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Solution Architect, RevPro
Zuora, Boston, MA